Job Hunting
In Work
Thinking About Quitting
Tools
Community
Shop

my boss pushed me-literally

hiya. to make a long story short, i was in my beauty room the other day, my boss and i were having an argument about her attitude towards me, she had her say, then went to walk out of the room. i slammed the door closed because i wanted my say, then she pushed me, kept raising her fingers and pointing at me, and was verbally aggressive. she claimed that i had closed the door on her fingers. there were no witnesses to this. what do i do next? thanks x

gemmy23wales

04/04/2007 19:04:20

Next time you see her, and they are no witnesses, punch her as hard as you can in the stomach! Sounds like she needs a good punching!

Nacho_Vidal

04/04/2007 20:12:22

Originally posted by gemmy23wales:
hiya. to make a long story short, i was in my beauty room the other day, my boss and i were having an argument about her attitude towards me, she had her say, then went to walk out of the room. i slammed the door closed because i wanted my say, then she pushed me, kept raising her fingers and pointing at me, and was verbally aggressive. she claimed that i had closed the door on her fingers. there were no witnesses to this. what do i do next? thanks x

To be honest, who do you think your employers will believe - you or your boss? I think we all know the answer to that one.

As to what do do next? The question is what will your boss do next? It might be an idea to wait and see. Or, now that tempers have cooled, you could try speaking informally to her about what happened. Or, if you feel she started the argument and was the aggressor then you could raise a grievance about her behaviour towards you. Although, I hate to say this, if your boss has injuries to her hand, then forget this one.

Good luck

kate

04/04/2007 21:17:41

Originally posted by kate:

To be honest, who do you think your employers will believe - you or your boss? I think we all know the answer to that one.

As to what do do next? The question is what will your boss do next? It might be an idea to wait and see. Or, now that tempers have cooled, you could try speaking informally to her about what happened. Or, if you feel she started the argument and was the aggressor then you could raise a grievance about her behaviour towards you. Although, I hate to say this, if your boss has injuries to her hand, then forget this one.

Good luck

gemmy23wales

04/04/2007 22:27:52

hi, she is the owner. i have no one to go to. and no, there are no injuries cos nothing happened to her hand-did i forget to say she lives in la la land and is a pathological liar :) but a convincing one thanks for your replies guys :) much appreciated.

gemmy23wales

04/04/2007 22:29:54

Originally posted by gemmy23wales:

I dignified complaint to her own boss, should she try this sort of stunt again - but a lot depends on how chummy she is with the seniors.

What do you mean when you say 'her attitude toward you?' You said this is what sparked off the row. Isn't it you that should have the right attitude toward her, unless she is bullying you? That's no excuse for her behaviour, having said that but I'm beginning to wonder if the fault really is all hers.

Time for a self examination session, me thinks!

Suze

05/04/2007 13:45:35