Job Hunting
In Work
Thinking About Quitting
Tools
Community
Shop

Reasons applying for Job

Reasons for applying

Im filling in an application form for a council job.

It asks why i want to apply fro this position.

The reason is its much better money than my current job and i fancy a change. But i dont want to put that in!

But is there any generic reasons, or anything I can put down that looks good so i can fill this page?

Anders

05/02/2007 17:23:28

urgent

urgently i need releaving letter

viji

06/02/2007 08:01:37

Answer so far

Eh what!?

I have waffled a bit saying that i like the location of ther offices, the package is attractive, the qualities needed for the role match my qualities etc - anything else?

Anders

06/02/2007 09:45:40

Answer so far

Originally posted by Anders:
Eh what!?

I have waffled a bit saying that i like the location of ther offices, the package is attractive, the qualities needed for the role match my qualities etc - anything else?

I have just applied for the council, I also thought I couldn't put my real reasons (fed up with current job and this one has more money, less hours, I don't have to work Saturdays, and is nice and local to where I live) So for my first sentence I put

After reading the information about this position, I felt that the job sounded interesting, varied and fulfilling. My interests have always led towards a financial role, as well as that of administration, and this job includes both aspects.

and followed it up with a point by point discusion of the job description

It could definitely do with a 'tweak' or two, but it might give you a starting point

Suewre

06/02/2007 18:48:30

Reasons for applying

Originally posted by Anders:
Im filling in an application form for a council job.

It asks why i want to apply fro this position.

The reason is its much better money than my current job and i fancy a change. But i dont want to put that in!

But is there any generic reasons, or anything I can put down that looks good so i can fill this page?

Just say that you need a new challenge, something that your current role can't give you, you would like to learn new skills and further yourself etc and this job would be a great opportunity to do so.

Good luck.

jade

06/02/2007 21:07:55