Job Hunting
In Work
Thinking About Quitting
Tools
Community
Shop

Compromise Agreement whilst off sick with work stress

Compromise Agreement whilst off sick with work stress

My current sick note runs out mid April. If I am considering entering into a compromise agreement should this become effective once the sick note expires or does it not matter.

ijc_will

14/03/2009 09:57:21

I'm sorry but I don't see what being on sick leave has to do with a compromise agreement. A CA has either been offered or it hasn't - whether you are sick or not is irrelevant to entering into one. So there isn't enough information here to answer the question - although I'm not even sure what the question was! Sorry.

shikahra

14/03/2009 11:11:31

Thanks for your help - I realise there wasn't much info. Over the last year I have been subject to harrassment, bullying and victimisation at work via my line manager. I finally got to the stage where my health started to serioulsly suffer and have recently been signed off sick with work stress. Unions advised that whatever the reason was, it seemed that my employers were pushing me to leave but perhaps logding a formal grievance would bring the matter to the forefront. Following the grievance which was a farce, I was told that my claims could not be substantiated and I am currently working out my appeal. However, the unions who came to the hearing firmly believe I cannot go back and have proposed a compromise agreement. My question is whether this agreement can be drawn up and dated whilst I am still under a medical certificate, or would it have to be dated when the certificate has expired? As this is the end of the financial year, timing could be critical.

ijc_will

16/03/2009 15:46:32

Ah right. That's better. Yes, a compromise agreement can be completed at any time, sick or not. Your union will advise you on the details if such an agreement can be reached, as it will require a union official to sign it off. But you do not have to go back to work to negotiate or sign one.

shikahra

16/03/2009 16:16:21

Thanks for so much for your help.

Kind Regards JCee

ijc_will

16/03/2009 17:21:52

Compromise Agreement

Are you permitted to seek new employment whilst you are waiting on a compromise agreement to be exchanged and signed. Even if a termination date has not been agreed on as well??

CassieMay

11/11/2009 22:28:38