Resignation Letter Templates
Guarantee a stylish and dignified exit by using one of these resignation letter templates. You can now customise each one before printing, to fit your own circumstances:
Straight to the Point
Short and formal
Waiver of Notice Period
I want to leave right now
Confirm Extended Notice
Leave when you're done
No Written Contract
Word is bond
Leaving Due to Illness
Sick of it?
Move to Another Firm
Polite and formal
Going back to College
Don't burn your bridges
Request Shorter Notice
Reduce your sentence
Leaving to have a Baby
and not returning
Job Hunting Letter Templates
It's a good idea to keep a correspondence open with everyone in a position to offer you a new job. Thank you letters and polite acknowledgments will demonstrate that you'll be a courteous and reliable employee:
Thank You For Interview I
Short and formal
Acknowledge Job Offer
Maybe I will...
Accept Job Offer
Where do I sign?
Thank You For Interview II
With Contact Reminder
Reject Job Offer
or maybe I won't?
Resignation Retraction Letter Templates
What if you want to withdraw your resignation? Here are some templates letters that will give you some idea of what to put in any written confirmation of your decision to stay on.
Funny Resignation Letters
Garner a dodgy reference and the undying envy of your ex-colleagues by drawing inspiration from over forty of these misguided missives. Or just have a laugh.
Alternative Career Paths
- Chief De-Beaker from Carlisle Seeks New Billing
"the big cannon fired them into the safety net time after time"
- Curator from Solihull Grits Teeth and Quits
"maybe I'm losing my cutting edge"
- Shiver Me Timbers! Senior Bod from NY in Sea Change
"I am currently accepting applications for First Officer"
- Web Consultant from London Quits for Undiscovered Land
"where crunk just got flyer!"
We're Going to Need a Bigger Boat
- Baby, Soon to be from London, Quits Womb
"blow that thick white mucus out of my face..."
- Barman from Washington Wises Up
"if you listen to one song by Cliff Richard it may be beautiful"
- Janitor from Milton Keynes Shops KGB Boss, Gives Notice
"...predilection for borscht "
- London Acoustics Manager Hears World's Failing Heartbeat
"Rule by sociopathic tyrants over feudal minions"
- Paranoia for the Secret Service Agent from Idaho
"someone has been delivering Wal-Mart coffee to my house"
- We're all Doomed and I Quit - Director from London
"Everything is as a broken pencil. Pointless"
Psychological State of Emergency
- Dumping Assistant Runner from London Misunderstood
"It only remains for me to apologise for the hitherto unexplained outbreak of cable-laying, dumping, dirt-birthing and fouling that has beset this office"
- Peculiar warehouse worker racks brains, finds animal magic
"I shall be involved in the flinging of porcupines between ocean going cargo ships and the shore"
- London Artist Produces Critically Derided Resignation Piece
- Memphis Burger Flipper's Resignation is Out of This World
"jewel-encrusted, self-dribbling, electromemic basket balls"
- RSI Claims Morse Code Operator from Portsmouth
"Sorry, have to dot dot dash"
- The Voices Speak to Radio Sales Director from Newcastle
"thanks for the good times and the stray hairs"
- Oslo Whaler Quits Arms, Legs and Job
"hidden a secret longing to be free of limbs"
Sex and Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll
- Bored Engineer from Edinburgh "Will Survive"
"At first I was trained / I was certified"
- Nobody Left to Sleep With for Dishwasher from Manchester
"John the Fish waiter great shag but boy, did he reek"
- Priest from Swansea in Flock Fuck Quit Shock
"Natural love and God don't mix"
- Training Officer from Hebdon Bridge Goes Bohemian
"Sewage bolts need tightening / Very very frightening me"
My Company Stinks
- Singaporean employee criticises boss, idiot wife.
"You sucks & you stink like rotten pig."
- Arseholes Squeezed Out Edinburgh Software Engineer
"peanuts ... monkeys..."
- Cashier from London Knows Only Way is Up From Bottom
"You do know you're the bottom of the heap?"
- Counsellor from Austin TX, Pulled Away by Tidal Forces
"Resignation and unconditional surrender"
- Hyper-Olfactory Secretary from London Resigns Over Fart
"anyone seen the air freshener?"
- Investigative Reporter Breaks Own Resignation Story
"Prince William Love-Child Shock"
- London Sales Manager Quits to Scale Incompetence Ladder
- Pentium 130 Too Slow for Admin from Oakland CA
"held together with duct tape and spit wads"
- Sorry Editor's Assistant from London Resigns. Sorry.
"Going to the cake shop in the afternoon was fun!!"
I'm Too Good for This Place
- Big Cheese Stinks - London Advertising Manager Quits
"you are always surrounded by a phalanx of yes-men"
- Car Salesman from Colchester Gets Too Much Satisfaction
"Don't worry about a reference..."
- Consultant from Oxford Self-Outsources
"Maybe I'm just not a team player"
- Librarian from Kingston, Surrey, Can't Stand the Talking
"My husband and I are going on holiday to Eastbourne"
- Money Talks to London Business Development Director
"big balls and a weenie bat "
- Record Shop Manager, Edinburgh, Hates Boyzone, Quits
"P.P.S. Our managing director is a lunatic."
Can't Take it Anymore
- Assistant Manager from Chesapeake Gives 2 Minute Warning
"I have accepted a position as a garbage person"
- Gofer from Leeds Exits Unexpectedly
"Time to be recycled"
- London Fashion Designer Says "Sew What!"
"everyone really does need a built-in bum-bag"
- Network Admin from Las Cruces, Sticks to Dilbert Principle
"I have never seen such odd acts with a ketchup bottle"
- Senior Bod from New York Quits Due to Alien Menace
"I would rather be tied in a leather bag with rabid ocelots"
- Short and Sweet Resignation of Reporter from Aberdeen
"job was terrible"
- Tube Drives Accountant from Amersham to Get New Job
"third carriage, second door..."